Friday 21 October 2011

Friday Film Review (sort of)-Horrible Bosses

Friday, 21 October 2011


I will start by saying I didn't watch all of Horrible Bosses, I missed about 15-20 minutes during the middle. I feel already that is review is going to turn into a bit of a rant so just bear with me. I didn't really want to watch Horrible Bosses just as, although there is a part of me that wants to see Bridesmaids another part of me just can't be arsed. I know, both of these movies are supposed to be really funny etc etc etc.  But, but, the thing that annoys me to death about them is that they are billed as 'crass' and 'about how women like to have sex too' but frankly I a.) already know women like sex and b.) I hear more 'crass' things at work on a daily basis! Yeah they are kind of offensive, I guess but I find them offensive in that I feel the writers are trying to shock or surprise me to which I say-bitch please!  Are we living in the 1800's? Am I supposed to blush every time someone says something lewd? I don't understand. Next time someone wants to write a crude movie I invite them to my workplace (in a small 'conservative' town, I might add) and they will have all the material they need for their next film.


That said, there were some truly hilarious moments in this film. Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis and Charlie Day do have good chemistry and do deliver many funny moments. Jamie Foxx has a great cameo and well all I can say for Jennifer Aniston is her body is slamming. (And I actually like Jennifer Aniston)The premise is that three guys with horrible bosses (one psycho, one sex fiend and one crazy coke addict) decide offing their bosses is the only way and of course hilarious hijinks ensue. At first they decide to hire a hit man but after an incident with a man who pees on other men for money (what?) they decide to take matters into their own, extremely inept hands. 


 One of the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes called this a dark comedy to which I say-I have seen dark comedies and this film would have been infinitely better had it been an actual dark comedy. I'm not saying don't watch this film because, yes, you will laugh, I'm just saying, take it with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment