Wednesday 9 November 2011

Amanda Palmer

Wednesday, 09 November 2011

Amanda Palmer is one of my favourite artists, and I have been listening to her for years. Musically, I think she is doing something very unique, and she has her character crafted to perfection.  Her piano driven songs sound incredible but there is something terrifying about them at the same time. I love her irreverence for "things women should talk about in music" and her lyrics, it has to be said, are truly incredible. And, perhaps unlike some fans, she has the sense to know that "non-conformity" is just a tired cliche. She may be "not conforming" but she makes enough references to other artists (The Smiths, The Rolling Stones) and is self deprecating enough (I'm a plagiarist) that you know she is just laughing at her own 'non conformity'. Okay, enough talk. Time to listen!
Astronaut 


Oasis


The Kill 

No comments:

Post a Comment